Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Market Day in Mundgod

Meeting the monks in the vilage on
"Market Day"

I am just beginning to catalog all the images taken by Menlo and myself... to begin the task of translating all this information into a visual format so we can begin our duty of focusing in on specific projects. As the re-entry begins to normalize back at home, my experiences are starting to as well, in that I was visually, auditory-ily and environmentally mind-blown by taking this trip to India.

All that being said I hope you may be enjoying this Blog and I do appreciate all the emails of encouragement - because it helps me believe someone out there is seeing this and it has a purpose. In any event, here is a variety of pictures to check out whilst I assemble our 5000+ images into some kind of fun and fascinating format to learn more about the Tibetan Settlement in Mundgod.

Oh, and yes... I would appreciate anyone at all proofing -I just focus on getting the info out - and seldom re-read as I may not publish what has come out in these moments of spontaneity...

A DAY IN MUNDGOD VILLAGE
Here is my dear companion ...
okay guess which one? No joke... This guy was painted with something the equivalent of One Shot enamel paint for autos painted head to toe...

No joke. We actually went into the "ART" studio of the guy responsible for all that fine brush work (which you cannot see in detail from here...) trust me - its is fine -shiney work... detailed like the Mendhi or henna that they do. But the paint itself is absolutely toxic... and I felt like fainting watching the artist painting the face, eyelids, etc. of another dancer.

I guess conpared to lead-based enamel paints... the environment seems pretty benign to these villagers.

Here is Venerable Geshe Dhonyoe from the 2001-2002 with Tengye-la of the 2005-2006 Tour.

No comments: